Friday, October 29, 2010

26 - 10-29-2010

Initial Impressions 

26 - October 29, 2010

1.     1.  So they are bringing back one of my favorite cereals of all time, Boo Berry, just for Halloween.  But wait, they dump it in a store, Target, that is like an hour away?  So the question is do I drive that far for cereal?  Hell I did 2 hours for Chick-fil-A, right?
      2.  You ever notice that some of these meatheads at the gym look like someone literally shaved an ape and put clothes on it?  Big forehead, slack jaw, walking with their arms out to the sides like their carrying kegs under their arms, freaks. 
3.       3.  So as Thanksgiving gets closer I saw three turkeys in someone’s yard playing/fighting.  I wondered if it was something where the loser got cooked.
4.       4.  Do you ever feel like you’re being taken for a ride by someone, but they don’t even know they are driving?
5.       5.  A few days ago a pair of old ladies pulled up at work, slammed on the car horn for me, then after I told them what time we opened one of them yelled out ‘Wow!’  Like I had just explained how the universe was made.
6.       6.  After watching it enough I have decided that the character of Pam on The Office reminds me of my friend Lorena.  Those of you who know her, or if you read this yourself, I mean that as a compliment.
7.       7.  So I asked our Brazilian dishwasher Jose today about another guy named Duval who worked with us for seven summers.  He owns a small motel in the town of Conceicao do Mato Dentro.  When I asked him what the name of it was he said ‘Pousada.’  Turns out when I looked it up pousada is the Portuguese word for motel.  Yay, that was helpful thanks Jose.
8.       8.  The reason why in my opinion the Celtics will go further this year than the Miami Heat is the fact that Boston’s Big 3 is all about the team while Miami’s Big 3 have all been selfish players their entire careers and will need to adapt or it will be an epic fail.
9.       9.  It’s Halloween time, right?  It is time to be scared and watch bloody horror movies, right?  I think that if you’re a network for kids, or families, you should not be allowed to show any chopped up versions of horror movies, it is so beyond stupid, you basically never see anyone get killed and the plot is just pointless.  Well, those horror movies that have legit plots that is.
10  10.  Really love how in the NBA you are not allowed to even talk to the refs about bad calls.  Yeah because these refs are gods and never make mistakes, right.  Sorry they suck and are more often than not wrong about calls.  When will refs in any sport be held accountable for their shoddy officiating?  
11    11.  Do you think that Hollywood has officially run out of fresh ideas?  I mean I love the 80’s, my childhood but damn if I am not tired of every single idea from the 80’s being remade.  Hey there are writers out there with original stories, go find them and stop being lazy.

Quote of the Day:  “To suffering there is a limit, to fearing, none.” – Sir Francis Bacon


Memory of the DayZips Shoes at Stride Rite  

Photo of the Day
Marblehead Harbor

No comments:

Post a Comment