Wednesday, May 26, 2010

1 - May 26, 2010


Initial Impressions
Christopher Setterlund

May 26, 2010

1.       With all of the crazy advances of modern science would it be too much to ask that they create a hybrid season of spring and summer?  You know, long sunny days, but no humidity and temps no higher than 80?  Mid-90’s in May are not going to cut it.
2.      At Quizno’s today this adorable old African American woman ordered ahead of me.  75-years-old.  She was so funny and sweet and very particular about her sandwich.  However, she did blow us kisses and tell us she loved us before she left.  It made my day, that and the Baja Chicken Sub, serious goodness.
3.      What is the deal with the 9/10 cent in gas prices?  Is it supposed to be some trick to make us think it’s cheaper?  I’d actually rather gas be 2.85 than 2.84 9/10, sorry oil companies you are not that smart, obviously.
4.      I am thinking I must be part vampire, or cannibal, with the amount of times I bite my tongue and inside of my mouth.  Am I the only one who does that?
5.      Went to the beach today and the dreaded shacks are already at the entrance in anticipation of Memorial Day.  I think if you are a local you should get in free as compensation for the visitors that come and completely annoy us, not all, just some.
6.      I find it sort of amusing that these meatheads at the gym can lift 300+ pounds, but can’t lift a spray bottle to clean their damn sweat off of the equipment.  I’d be more impressed with that exercise big man.
7.      I think that holding the Super Bowl in New Jersey in 2014 is a good idea because it opens it up for Foxboro, but the cynic in me says it will probably be 20 degrees with heavy snow on the actual date.
8.      Wonder what percentage of girls date these loser tool guys for the challenge of trying to ‘fix them?’  I have a female friend who says that girls do that.
9.      What happens when there are too many people trying to be ‘chiefs’ and not enough willing to be ‘indians?’
10.   I would rather be shot down than ignored.  How about you?
Quote of the Day: “I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not.” – Kurt Cobain
Song of the Day: As – Stevie Wonder
Photo of the Day:  Beavertail Lighthouse, Jamestown RI

No comments:

Post a Comment