Monday, May 31, 2010

3 - May 31, 2010


Initial Impressions
Christopher Setterlund

May 31, 2010

1.      The fires in Quebec sent smoke all the way down to Cape Cod.  Early this morning it was like the apocalypse with a gray haze hanging over.  Falling flowers looked like ash, it was a surreal scene.
2.      Outside of the Marshside ended up being the end of the Memorial Day parade route.  Our lot was packed, people, marching bands, fire trucks, all hung out in the street.  Glad I worked early because some people were late because of it.
3.      Prediction: The Celtics will defeat the Lakers in 6 games, they are just plain tougher, the Lakers will try to match it but won’t be able to keep it up for an entire series.
4.      Happy Birthday to my niece Kaleigh who turns 11 years old today!  It makes me feel old just saying it.
5.      Ted Green, columnist for the LA Times wrote that Paul Pierce’s idea of a good time is going out clubbing and getting stabbed?!  Wow, just like hot blondes, jackasses grow on trees on the West Coast.
6.      Should have bought a greenish-yellow car so that the pollen would just blend in with it.
7.      Everybody that is in your life is there for a reason.  In mine there are some I wonder why, and there are others that I am hopeful are there for the reasons I am thinking they are.
8.      What could be worse than being on the highway and hearing that there is a six-mile backup waiting for you that is only going to get longer?  I believe that it’s there that the pain in the ass tourists pay their penance.
9.      Everybody should check out America: The Story of Us on History.  It’s my favorite subject but I think most people would enjoy seeing how we got to be what we are today.
10.   America is the king of the frivolous lawsuit.  Now a lady in Utah is suing Google for their directions on Google Maps.  She claims they led to her being struck by a car on a rural route with no sidewalks.  It’s called common sense lady, it’s free, you should use it often to avoid things like this.
11.   I keep wondering if Bret Michaels is living Final Destination right now.  I mean, was he supposed to be killed at some point and now death keeps sending hemorrhages, strokes, and heart conditions to finish the job?  Just wondering. 
12.   Now that I finally have all of the information I have been able to change my opinion on some things. 
13.   I have realized today that I am more afraid of beautiful girls than I am of grizzly bears, serial killers, flesh-eating bacteria, everything, is there a cure?

Quote of the Day: “Now it seems to me some fine things have been laid upon your table.  But you only want the ones that you can’t get.”

Song of the DayRight Me Up – State Radio

Photo of the DayThe Man At the Wheel Statue – Gloucester, Mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment