Friday, June 4, 2010

5 - June 4, 2010


Initial Impressions
Christopher Setterlund

June 4, 2010

1.      Sorry lady, but if you are going to start changing into your workout clothes in a room with a huge window facing the gym of course people are going to stop and stare.  Not all dumb jocks are men, you are an example.
2.      I believe that on Cape Cod there are more Dunkin’ Donuts per capita than people.  They out number churches, police stations, and hospitals combined.  I guess coffee is more important than religion, safety, and health, oh wait, hell yeah it is.
3.      Not every day that I nearly step on a foot and a half long brown snake as a hawk hovers overhead.  Not sure if it was looking to eat it or if it was coincidence, but it was cool none the less.
4.      Only 6 months ago I saw Wes Welker tear two ligaments in his knee.  Now he is practicing during the OTA’s?  I just want to know what he took to heal so fast so that I can have some on hand in case I get hit by a bus.
5.      If you keep missing a connection by one second does that mean it’s not meant to be, or that you need to arrive one second earlier?
6.      Didn’t realize how much twin beds suck until I slept in a queen-sized for the first time in 7 months last night.  Twin beds are like sleeping on balance beams, roll an inch too far and you’re on the floor.
7.      One of my all-time favorite sports heroes, Ken Griffey Jr., retired today.  With all of the steroid-era players I believe in my heart that he was clean and therefore one of the greatest ever to play the game.  We will see him again, in 5 years at Cooperstown.
8.      Why does Hollywood feel the need to remake/reboot so many films?  Now it’s The Crow, one of my favorites.  Think up some new ideas, I have plenty, give me a call.
9.      Umpire Jim Joyce made possibly the worst call in history as he called a man safe at first with 2 outs in the 9th.  Why the worst?  Detroit pitcher Armando Galarraga had a perfect game going.  The man was clearly out and this umpire ruined it.  Apologies only go so far.  They should reverse his call. 
10.   In the Gulf of Mexico the oil is still pouring out, just thought I’d keep that in everyone’s minds since it’s been more than six weeks.  It was a joke to begin with, a disgrace after a week or so, now it might be the beginning of the end of oil period, the outcry for clean energy is going to go off the charts.
11.   The phrase ‘get your (blank) on’ needs to go, it is so irritatingly over used.
12.   So sad to hear about the loss of the legend John Wooden.  One of the greatest coaches in sports history and one of the greatest ambassadors for basketball as well.  At age 99 he lived an amazing life, rest in peace sir.
13.   Only when you go off Cape do you realize just how much open space/farm land there is even just over the bridge.  It blows my mind each time.

Quote of the Day:  “Every artist was first an amateur.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson


Photo of the Day: The Bourne Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment