Monday, June 7, 2010

6 - June 7, 2010


Initial Impressions
Christopher Setterlund

June 7, 2010

1.      Woke up Saturday at 8:45am with it pitch black out, the line of severe thunderstorms that rolled through were sick.  It actually got really bright when the rain came down like one big sheet.  I pity those who were outside in that.
2.      Did not know there was a such thing as a Sharpie tree until I saw one hanging on a branch leaving work today.  Where do I buy Sharpie seeds so I can grow my own?
3.      Nothing beats cold, raw chicken juice as it runs down your leg into your sock.  Sadly it was not the first time, nor was it the worst thing I’ve spilled on myself.
4.      I guess I am the last person to get smacked by the pollen, it worked its way down the ladder and now has me hurting.  Should I even bother to buy allergy meds since the pollen season ends soon? 
5.      I can’t be the only one that gets annoyed by people who start eating chips in line at the sub shops.  I mean, are you that hungry that you can’t even wait to pay for them first?  Chew some gum to take your mind off it.
6.      Food for thought: If you made just ½ of 1% of what Alex Rodriguez is making this year you would be making $165,000.  That’s right .5%, just sick, especially since he’s a jackass and a Yankee.
7.      My mother was so happy that she had washed my nephew’s balls.  Of course she meant his toys he plays with, but it was still good for a laugh.
8.      I think its time to invest in some new gym shirts, wearing the same collection of 4 for nearly two years have left them impossible to get fully clean/fresh.  It’s not a good look, smell, or feeling.
9.      Got to bear witness to a crazy old man sitting in Subway talking out loud to nobody, it was even better when a crazy middle aged man showed up and tried to have a conversation with him.  Wow, it was like break time at the nut house.
10.  Highbank Bridge in Yarmouth has been worked on for so long I swear these people damage something else while they fix one thing just so they can milk the crazy money they get for holding their hands up to direct traffic.  Trained monkeys will do it cheaper you know?
11.  Wishing my brother Matt a happy 27th birthday, well it was yesterday but it took me 2 days to finish this.
12.  If you want a good laugh hit the Subway in Hyannis at the Exit 6 off ramp at night.  There is a guy who works there that literally sings your order to you.  If you can make it through your order without laughing you are better than me.  I sort of want to see someone try to piss him off to see if he’d sing angrily at the person.

Quote of the Day: “The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.– Sven Goran Eriksson

Photo of the Day:  Pembroke, Mass. - A war memorial statue stands among rides for an upcoming carnival.

No comments:

Post a Comment